Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rapid City

July 18,2010
0 Miles (rest day #2)

Today I was determined to rest and work on my bike. Ken replaced my chain with a new one and I tried this new oil recommended by other riders. Rock and Roll Gold.

After working on my bike in the hotel parking lot, Ed and I went to a very good coffee house that serves strong coffee (Dunn Bros.)

Going to our favorite Rapid City coffee house


Then we walked around the downtown business section. A lot of the streets in this area have statues of the presidents on each corner. Also, there is an alley called "Art Alley" were the city lets people do tasteful graffiti on the back walls of businesses. This area is right near a famous hotel the Alex Johnson. The downtown is thriving, unlike a lot of other old sections of downtowns elsewhere.

We enjoyed the Firehouse Brewery last night so Ed and I went back again. We sampled more beer and had another nice dinner.


With one of the presidents, Martin

Firehouse restaurant

Art Alley with Ed, Kim, and Sharon

Alex Johnson Hotel

Old car rally cruising Rapid City

Downtown Rapid City

Ed and I enjoying one last trip to a good place-Firehouse Brewery

No comments:

Post a Comment