Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Buffalo, Wy To Gillette, Wy

July 13, 2010
72 Miles

There was no other way to get to Gillette than riding I-90 for 72 miles.

I left the United Congregational Church with Tom, Ziva and Susan at about 6:00 a.m. The first 35 miles on the interstate weren't bad as there was no traffic and it was very cool. I read the temp. at a bank in Buffalo and it was 59 degrees. The road/freeway climbed significantly for a number of miles as we went eastbound on I-90.

Our lunch stop was at a rest stop 35 miles into the ride. I stayed there only a few minutes to get juice and a snack and got back on the freeway. Tom had the same idea, i.e. get the ride over with as there wasn't too much to see on the stretch of road.

It never got really hot for the entire ride as I arrived in Gillette around 11:50 a.m. We are staying at the Clairon Inn, the same hotel I stayed in 2 years ago with my son.

We couldn't check in when we arrived so I walked over to a coffee shop and got an iced coffee. Ed and Kim pulled up and did the same thing. We then hung out in the lobby for a few hours until we could check in. The hotel was quite nice and Ed and I went to the whirlpool after dinner.



Dinner at the Congregational Church at Buffalo, Ziva decided she had a little cowgirl in her after shoping with Kim and Susan in Sheridan

Pretty much the scenery all day

Ed after a long ride, Wake up Ed! It's not meeting time yet.

1 comment: