Monday, June 28, 2010

Farragut State Park, Id To Clark Fork Id

June 27, 2010
61 miles

I had a relatively good night sleep despite camping. It seemed that the park got quiet around 9 p.m.

Ed, Dick, Tom and I took off around 7:30 a.m. and rode on the left side of Lake Pend Oreille toward Sandpoint.

We passed through Carrywood and then stopped at a place that raised wolves near Cocolla. This organization is trying to reintroduce wolves in the area but is getting some resistance.
Meadow along the ride


One of the wolves at the Wolf People Reserve


Our lunch stop was at the city park in Sandpoint. Great weather and a nice ride on the bike trail to Sandpoint. However, there was one section that had tree roots creating severe bumps in the trail. I lost my light from flying around on the bike.
Ed and I just south of Sandpoint on the bike trail.


Lake Pend Oreille In the City Park at Sandpoint



After lunch I headed out on my own and had a nice quiet ride all the way to the Diamond T ranch passed Clark Fork. We all got bungalows. I shared one with Ed and Dick. Nancy and Kim made a great soup and salad.

Our home for the night, The Diamond T Ranch, Clark Fork

1 comment:

  1. Chuck,
    I think this was one of the first times I carried iced beer on my bicycle for evening refreshment. These lodges/cabins were nice. The lake we visited last evening served a training waters for submarine crews in WWII because of the great depth of the lake.

    ReplyDelete