Friday, June 18, 2010

Arrived In Seattle

June 16, 2010

I rented a car from Hertz in Santa Rosa on Tuesday and drove up to Seattle in two days. The first day I drove to a hotel just south of Eugene, Or. Then it took me about 5 hours to drive to South Seattle. I stayed at the Wildwood B. and B in West Seattle the first night. Ken and Nancy were there along with Dick, another rider. When I went to drop off the rental car, the woman at Hertz was so nice. She offered to drive me back to South Seattle so she shut down the office and drove me there in the car.

That evening Nancy, Ken, Dick and I went to a restaurant near the B & B. The next day we moved over to the Fauntleroy church where we stayed two more nights. In the morning others had not arrived yet so I helped Ken unload the bikes they had transported for others all the way from Vermont.

Bikes At Chuch



Other riders started arriving in the afternoon. I walked up to a shopping center and bought a last minute things for the trip. Nancy made the dinners at the church which were great.The dinners prepared by Nancy have been great.

First Dinner at Fauntleroy Church


Getting Ready To Eat


The next day we had a shake down ride. I rode over to Vashon Island for a brief ride. No camera with me so I can't post anything from there. Then I rode up to Arron's bike shop and got some rubber handlebar plugs so my bars wouldn't damage the carbon frame.

Tomorrow we will ride north and east a little to Woodinville, Wa. about 36 miles. I heard the forecast is for rain= not good for the first day of the official ride. I put on my removable fenders for the ride. Since we are riding though Seattle I will probably follow Ken or Nancy as there will be several routes and turns to figure out.

Ken's Excursion with Trailer-Support Vehicle


Sleeping Quarters before we figured out we all could set "up camp" in any of the many rooms of a church

No comments:

Post a Comment