Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Modifications To Roubaix

March 27, 2010

This week I had Norcal Bikes change my cassette to a lower ratio. Since I have a 10 speed the only cassette available is the IRD. I chose the 12-32 as I did not want to get too carried away with getting the lowest possible gears.

I just took the bike out for a short test ride on the long driveway. I notice some skipping in the second and third cogs. This is a little frustrating and I will try to go for a long ride tomorrow to see if it is a real problem.

I also added Shimano touring peddles so that one side has a clip and the other side is flat for in town traffic. Further, I attached my Ortlieb handlebar bag.



This is the new cassette with a mountain derailer as I could not keep my 105 with this cassette.



Here is my Roubaix with the new additions.

In the above picture you can see that the weather is fantastic. Last week we were in Colorado and the weather was very cold. In fact, when we flew out of Denver to Sacramento it was snowing and we thought there was a chance that we could not fly out. That was the first time that I had been in a plane that had to "de-ice" before takeoff.

For the past week I have been on four rides. One to Bodega Bay over Coleman Valley Road, one to Petaluma via Chileno Valley Road, one to Tomales, and one to Forestville. All absolutely beautiful rides. I am so lucky to live in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment